Why Are Natural Immune Boosting Foods On The Rise?
Over the last few years, people all over the globe have been reviewing their nutrition, lifestyle patterns and more importantly how to increase their immune system’s strength. The great thing is that there is a non-medical, non-invasive and immediate way we can boost our immune systems starting today- through the food we eat!
There are 2 keywords to familiarize yourself with when it comes to healthy foods and snacks for the human immune system, namely Amino Acids and Nutraceuticals.
Amino acids are important for activating the body’s white blood cells which are responsible for detecting and eliminating harmful viruses. These can be found in mushrooms, fish, eggs, and dairy products. The latter refers to natural foods that are not only rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals but can be used as medicine. These can be found in dietary supplements, citrus fruits, dairy products, and spices.
Poor nutrition is a big part of a weak immune system, so we look at 5 categories of foods that our machines can pack*, that can help boost the immune system:
*Provided that they are dried, frozen, powdered, or in the form of snacks. If you're looking to pack your product with us and are unsure - contact us.
These are rich in vitamin C, flavonoids, antioxidants and contain anti-inflammatory properties. Add them to some yoghurt in the mornings or freeze them. Some examples are:
- Strawberries, Blueberries and Cherries- contain strong antioxidants, cyanidin, anthocyanins, potassium and are very beneficial to your body if consumed after a
- Oranges and Lemons- both of these are loaded with vitamin C and are best consumed as a fruit, or in a balanced liquid Adding a few slices to a brew of rooibos iced tea will make a perfect summer drink.
This is the number one category when it comes to Nutraceuticals and our spice connoisseur clients have been spreading the word to their customers.
- Ginger- It's great as an anti-inflammatory, contains antibacterial benefits and is a wonderful flavour in food and various Ginger is one of the best nutraceuticals that exist.
- Garlic- contains allicin, sulphur compounds and is best consumed in a non-powdered
- Turmeric- contains powerful antioxidants, is used in foods, medicine and drinks for centuries. This multipurpose ingredient has been highlighted as a golden tea all over the globe, originating in India and you can find great recipes with Bruu Tea (insert link), together with all its benefits.
- Broccoli- Delicious as a soup or steamed with some salt and black pepper, this is rich in choline, contains vitamin c, potassium, magnesium, zinc and iron.
- Spinach- is rich in vitamin e, magnesium contains multiple antioxidants and beta carotene (an antioxidant).
- Sweet Potato- Rich in beta carotene and is best consumed steamed to get the maximum nutritional benefit.
- Almonds and Cashew nuts- are rich in vitamin e, heart-healthy fats and balances out the good and bad cholesterol. Best consumed unsalted and without any oil.
- Pumpkin and Sunflower seeds- are rich in phosphorus, magnesium, B Vitamins, vitamin E, zinc and rich in protein as well.
- Yoghurt- everyone knows this is rich in probiotics (which is a healthy bacterium that keeps your gut healthy and balances your immune system) and vitamins This is a dairy product which means it’s also rich in amino acids.
- Chicken- contains B Vitamins, protein, good for boosting metabolism, energy and immunity.
- Tuna and Salmon- These are fatty fish that are best for their omega 3 fatty acids which decrease inflammation and boosts white blood This also falls into the amino acids category.
- Crab and Lobster- are rich in zinc, protein, selenium, B Vitamins, and healthy fats, but must be consumed with balance, too much can also mean a lot of toxins for your body.
Foods that are rich in amino acids hold the key to giving the human body energy, supporting growth, and supporting multiple immune cell functions. With an informative label, you can create the most convenient package for your customers to promote a healthier lifestyle.
Get healthy and keep colds and flu out for good by boosting your immune system, naturally. Speak to our team to find out how you can make your foods and snacks safer with one of our high-quality machines, ensuring maximum freshness.